top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a position created for them when searching for a job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a position created for them when searching for a job?

This past week, after about 3 weeks of waiting post interview, I got a call from the HR person. I was expecting to probably hear that the decision was tough, the committee decided to hire another candidate, and good luck on future endeavors. Instead, I heard the first bit about them deciding to hire another candidate but then the HR person went on to say that they were so impressed with me that the person who would've ended up being my boss is going to speak to the institution director to see if a position can be created for me.

That happened last Tuesday. I googled the institution's financials which they thankfully publish online every year and they are profitable with sizable endowments. Plus when I interviewed, they told me the position used to be 2 separate part time positions that they decided to merge into one full time position. And it is like doing two different jobs the way they were recruiting for it. I'm extremely good and well experienced for one half of the job and have pretty much no experience for the other half of the job. So all of those 3 things make me think it is possible for them take creating another job seriously.

So I'm wondering how long I should hold out for these folks to try to make that happen? Also, how do I approach asking about that? One of my concerns is that maybe the HR person spoke out of turn, so I'm thinking of calling her mid week to see if she's heard of any progress. What I interviewed for isn't exactly all over the job boards and easy to find another equivalent. I've applied for what I can that's in my area in terms of other positions, basically what I'm waiting on is contacting a temp agency HR person I was working with last year. He'd gotten me a few interviews that didn't pan, but each of those interviews was with companies he claimed were really good about actually hiring temps after their contracts were up--downside is all the companies he seems to contract for are based in downtown Seattle as opposed to this particular institution where I could just have us rent a house in the same town and have it be a 10 minute drive. I don't want to risk alienating him or one of his clients if this "created job" concept turns into something where they create the job yet make me go through the interview process again and waiting game. This isn't exactly bird in the hand, but it feels enough like that so that's making me hesitant and uncertain.

So, what happened? Did they create a job for you? I hope so!
    Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
    November 2010
    Closed: January 2011!!!

Comment

Not yet! They say they are looking into the budget.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X